Monday, January 28, 2008
Lego Brick turns 50 Today
Hat tip to Richard over at Creative Classroom for the tip.
Lego Brick is celebrating a pretty special birthday today. It turns 50!
Here are some Lego factoids that Richard's listing today.
• There are about 62 LEGO bricks for every one of the world's 6 billion inhabitants.
• Children around the world spend 5 billion hours a year playing with LEGO bricks.
• More than 400 million people around the world have played with LEGO
• LEGO bricks are available in 53 different colors.
• 19 billion LEGO elements are produced every year.
• 2.16 million LEGO elements are molded every hour, or 36,000 per
• More than 400 billion LEGO bricks have been produced since 1949.
• Two eight-stud LEGO bricks of the same color can be combined in 24
• Three eight-stud bricks can be combined in 1,060 ways
Happy Birthday, Lego.
Labels: creativity, globalism
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
lego's are probably the first modernist toy, in my opinion. they're great in so many ways. thanks to the danes for this creative outlet!
Happy belated b-day, Lego. Creative, no doubt.
Post a Comment